This was a packaging project to accommodate the DVD/Bluray release of the film “Hairy Who and The Chicago Imagists”, directed by Leslie Buchbinder, produced by Brian Ashby, written by John Corbett, edited by Ben Kolak, music by Tomeka Reid, animation by Lilli Carré, motion graphics by Julius Dobiesz, sound design by Alex Inglizian, packaging by Sonnenzimmer.
Taking inspiration from the artists collective’s large legacy of self-published and printed ephemera in context with their famous shows they installed at the Hyde Park Art Center, we set out to put a package together that utilizes a combination of printing styles (Riso, Xeroxed, Offset Printing, Digital Indigo, Screen Printing) which we hoped would visually reflect back to how these artist were working/thinking.
Edition Bluray: 500
Edition DVD: 500
– DVD/Bluray box on Cougar White, art and design by Sonnenzimmer, Offset Printing, Lowitz & Sons, Chicago; die-cut on Windmill Press, PMC Converting, Chicago
– 3 Risograph printed posters, 2-color on French Paper, art and design by Sonnenzimer, printed by YouWithRhinestones, Chicago
– 1 one-color photo-copied insert on French Paper, design by Sonnenzimmer, printed by Fedex, Chicago
– 1, 2-color screen printed tab, design and printing by Sonnenzimmer, Chicago
– 2 flipbooks, art by Lilli Carré, design by Sonnenzimmer, Digital Indigo, Lowitz & Sons, Chicago
– 1 DVD-face, 4-color screen printed, Lowitz & Sons, Chicago
– 1 Bluray-face, 4-color screen printed, Lowitz & Sons, Chicago
– Assembly by Sonnenzimmer
- Nadine Nakanishi
- Nick Butcher